To me bbq shrimp is one of the best things to come off a grill. They are quick, easy and a huge crowd pleaser.
They can be made on a gas bbq or charcoal.
First, the shrimp. I went with a shell and tail on shrimp. They were 20-30s. This means you get 20 to 30 per pound. I went with shell on shrimp as this helps protect the shrimp a bit while cooking and adds a great flavour. I chose to marinade the shrimp in a combination of minced garlic, olive oil, salt, pepper and a store bought seafood seasoning but you could easily use whatever you like.
After letting the shrimp hang out in the marinade for about an hour, I skewered the shrimp in 3s using 2 skewers per set. Using 2 skewers makes the shrimp much easier to flip.
Cook over very high heat and flip once the shrimp shells turn bright red and get a slight char on them. This should take about 2 to 3 minutes. Cook for another 2 to 3 minutes on the second side.
Pull off the grill and serve!
BBQ Shrimp Skewers
- 30 Shrimp
- 20 Wooden Skewers
- 6 cloves of garlic (minced)
- 2 tbsp. Seafood Seasoning
- 2 tbsp. Olive Oil
- Marinade Shrimp for 1 hour in the garlic, seafood seasoning, salt, pepper and oil in a ziplock bag in the refrigerator.
- Skewer shrimp in sets of 3 with 2 skewers per set.
- Cook over high heat grill or charcoal for 2-3 minutes per side or until bright pink and slightly charred on each side.
If you like what you see please hit the follow button to receive notifications when new content is available!